Saturday, July 20, 2013

Grated Raw Carrot Salad

(4 servings)


This healthy and delicious carrot salad comes together quickly. I used a hand held grater and finished the carrots in no time. Whenever I make this, I don't really measure anything. I begin with the lesser amounts, adjusting as I toss and taste the salad until I'm happy with it. Easy!

1 lb cleaned and scraped carrots, grated
2-3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1-2 tbsp olive oil
juice from a freshly squeezed lemon
salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Place the carrots and parsley into a bowl. Drizzle half of the oil over the salad, followed by half of the lemon juice. Sprinkle with a small amount of salt and pepper. Toss the salad with a fork.


Taste the salad, adding more oil, lemon juice, salt or pepper as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment