Sunday, April 27, 2014

Grapefruit Cocktail



I haven't cooked much these past few weeks. I've been surviving on cheese and crackers, sardines or canned tuna and the occasional green salad I can quickly toss together.

This week I've tried to recreate a delicious grapefruit cocktail a friend served me last week. There's still plenty of Texas grown grapefruit at the market and this drink is amazing when made with freshly squeezed juice. I prefer my drinks on the light side. If you like them stronger, add more vodka. :)

Cheers!

3 parts freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
1 - 2 parts vodka
1 part orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier or Gran Gala
ice
a good squeeze of lemon

grapefruit slices and/or zest for garnish

Combine the grapefruit juice, vodka and  orange liqueur in a shaker with ice. Give everything a good shake, then strain into a glass.


Add a squeeze of lemon and serve.

2 comments:

Mary Callan said...

Wow! this looks fantastic !
Mary

sippitysup said...

I do hear a lot about those Texas Ruby Reds. GREG

Post a Comment