Saturday, February 6, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Pin It
(about 2 cups)


Last night by the time I got home with the groceries, I didn't feel much like cooking. So, I made some hummus which is always quick and easy.

I was going to make a simple one with lemon juice and garlic when I noticed a jar of roasted red peppers I had picked up on sale a couple of weeks ago.

1 16 oz can chick peas, drained (garbanzo beans)
1/2 cup roasted red pepper  (I used some from a jar although this would probably be better if you roasted a couple of fresh ones).
1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
1/4 cup water
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp hot paprika
pinch of cumin
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Place all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.

Serve with pita bread or crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment