Sunday, January 3, 2010

Raspberry Frozen Yogurt

(about 1 quart)


I received a gift card for my birthday from my office a couple of years ago for Sur La Table. I got a Cuisinart Supreme Commercial Quality Ice Cream Maker with it. It's been wonderful; it has a built-in compressor freezer, so I don't have to pre-chill anything.

This frozen yogurt is nice and tangy. You could use strawberries instead of the raspberries, if you prefer.

4 cups (32 oz container) whole milk vanilla yogurt
1 10 oz package of frozen raspberries (not in syrup)
1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar, depending on taste

Drain the yogurt in a cheese cloth lined sieve for about 6-8 hrs or overnight.
Defrost the raspberries and mash them through a sieve with the back of a wooden spoon. Add the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the sweetened puree to the yogurt mixture. Stir well.
Refrigerate 1 hour.

Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment