Sunday, July 24, 2011

Broccoli Slaw Salad

(4 servings)


I generally don't purchase pre cut fruits or vegetables, but  bags of broccoli slaw were on sale and I decided to give one a try. I based this on my broccoli salad which I make with small broccoli florets. I prefer the florets, but this salad wasn't half bad.



2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp greek style plain yogurt
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp cider vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
1 12oz bag broccoli coleslaw
1 green onion, sliced thin
4 oz feta cheese, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup roasted and salted sunflower kernels
salt, if needed

Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, vinegar and ground pepper in a bowl.


Add the broccoli coleslaw, green onion, feta, dried cranberries and sunflower kernels. Toss until everything is coated and evenly combined.

Check and season with salt, if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment